Friday 5 June 2020

In médio Israël ego sum

[25] But while men were asleep, his enemy came and oversowed cockle among the wheat and went his way.
cum autem dormirent homines, venit inimicus ejus, et superseminavit zizania in medio tritici, et abiit.[Matt 13]

We have ignored the Lord's injunction to "watch and pray." Whilst we slept, the enemy infiltrated the Church and sowed poisonous cockle. The infiltration has become an infestation from the top to the bottom.
We are besieged on all sides, and can hardly escape the danger of our enemy. And seeing that judgment is begone at the house of God, what hope is there left (if we fall) that the rest shall stand!
The fort is betrayed even of them that should have defended it. [From St John Fisher's reply to Bishops Stokesley, Gardiner and Tunstal, who were sent to the Tower by Thomas Cromwell to persuade Fisher to submit to the King Henry]
Here are some excerpts from today's Mass (Feria Sexta Quattuor Temporum Pentecostes ~ Dies Octavæ I. classis)

Introit

Ps 70:1-2
In te, Dómine, sperávi, non confúndar in ætérnum: in iustítia tua líbera me et éripe me.
In You, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame, in Your justice rescue me, and deliver me.

Collect
Orémus.
Da, quǽsumus, Ecclésiæ tuæ, miséricors Deus: ut, Sancto Spíritu congregáta, hostíli nullátenus incursióne turbétur.

Let us pray.
Grant to Your Church, we beseech You, almighty God, that, united by the Holy Spirit, she may in no way be harmed by any assault of the enemy.

Lesson
Ioël 2:23-24; 2:26-27

.. et non confundátur pópulus me us in sempitérnum. Et sciétis, quia in médio Israël ego sum: et ego Dóminus, Deus vester, et non est ámplius: et non confundétur pópulus me us in ætérnum: ait Dóminus omnípotens.
....My people shall nevermore be put to shame. And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel; I am the Lord, your God, and there is no other; My people shall nevermore be put to shame, says the Lord almighty.


Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam




No comments:

Post a Comment