Tuesday 16 June 2020

O MARIA, Virgo et Mater sanctissima

A beautiful prayer of thanksgiving after Communion, from the Roman Missal (with my English translation):

Suavissimus amplexibus strinxisti. Tissot
O MARIA, Virgo et Mater sanctissima, ecce suscepi dilectissimum Filium tuum, quem immaculato utero tuo concepisti, genuisti, lactasti, atque suavissimis amplexibus strinxisti.

O MARY, most holy Virgin and mother, behold I have received thy most beloved Son, Whom thou didst conceive in thy spotless womb, didst bring forth, didst nurse at thy breast, and didst hold tightly in sweetest embrace.

Ecce, cuius aspectu laetabaris et omnibus deliciis replebaris,

Behold Him at Whose sight thou didst rejoice and wert filled with every delight.

illum ipsum tibi humiliter et amanter repraesento et offero tuis brachiis constringendum, tuo corde amandum, sanctissimaeque Trinitati in supremum latriae cultum, pro tui ipsius honore et gloria et pro meis totiusque mundi necessitatibus, offerendum.

Him to thee I humbly and lovingly return; Him I offer to thee to be held fast in thy arms, to be loved in thy heart; Him to the most Holy Trinity I offer in a supreme act of adoration, for thine own honour and glory, and for my needs and for those of all the world.

Rogo ergo te, piissima Mater, impetra mihi veniam omnium peccatorum meorum, uberemque gratiam ipsi deinceps fidelius serviendi, ac denique gratiam finalem, ut eum tecum laudare possim per omnia saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Therefore I beg thee, O dearest Mother, obtain for me forgiveness of all my sins, the precious grace of henceforth serving thee more faithfully and the final grace that with thee I may be able to praise Him through all eternity.

Amen

Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam





No comments:

Post a Comment