Thursday 12 December 2019

Our Lady of Guadalupe : Beatæ Mariæ Virginis de Guadalupe.

Our Lady of Guadalupe [Public Domain]
Arriving for Thursday's 12h 30 Mass at St Bede's today, I was delighted to find that a Missa Cantata had been organised for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe Beatæ Mariæ Virginis de Guadalupe.

Here are the Lesson and Gospel:

Lectio
Léctio libri Sapiéntiæ.
Eccli 24:23-31

Ego quasi vitis fructificávi suavitátem odóris: et flores mei, fructus honóris et honestátis. Ego mater pulchræ dilectiónis, et timóris, et agnitiónis, et sanctæ spei. In me grátia omnis viæ et veritátis: in me omnis spes vitæ et virtútis. Transíte ad me omnes qui concupíscitis me, et a generatiónibus meis implémini. Spíritus enim meus super mel dulcis, et heréditas mea super mel et favum. Memória mea in generatiónes sæculórum. Qui edunt me, adhuc esúrient: et qui bibunt me, adhuc sítient. Qui audit me, non confundétur: et qui operántur in me, non peccábunt. Qui elúcidant me, vitam ætérnam habébunt.
R. Deo grátias.

Lesson
Lesson from the book of Ecclesiasticus
Ecclus 24:23-31

I bud forth delights like the vine, my blossoms become fruit fair and rich. I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope. In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue. Come to me, all you that yearn for me, and be filled with my fruits; for my spirit is sweeter than honey, and my inheritance better to have than honey and the honeycomb. My memory is to everlasting generations. They who eat of me will hunger still, and they who drink of me will thirst for more. He who obeys me will not be put to shame, they who serve me will never fail. They who explain me shall have life everlasting.
R. Thanks be to God.


Sequéntia +︎ sancti Evangélii secúndum Lucam.
R. Glória tibi, Dómine.
Luc 1:39-47
In illo témpore: Exsúrgens María ábiit in montána cum festinatióne in civitátem Iuda: et intrávit in domum Zacharíæ et salutávit Elísabeth. Et factum est, ut audivit salutatiónem Maríæ Elísabeth, exsultávit infans in útero eius: et repléta est Spíritu Sancto Elísabeth, et exclamávit voce magna et dixit: Benedícta tu inter mulíeres, et benedíctus fructus ventris tui. Et unde hoc mihi, ut véniat Mater Dómini mei ad me? Ecce enim, ut facta est vox salutatiónis tuæ in áuribus meis, exsultávit in gáudio infans in útero meo. Et beáta, quæ credidísti, quóniam perficiéntur ea, quæ dicta sunt tibi a Dómino. Et ait María: Magníficat ánima mea Dóminum: et exsultávit spíritus meus in Deo, salutári meo.
R. Laus tibi, Christe.

Continuation ✠ of the Holy Gospel according to Luke
R. Glory be to Thee, O Lord.
Luke 1:39-47
At that time, Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town of Juda. And she entered the house of Zachary and saluted Elizabeth. And it came to pass, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe in her womb leapt. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and cried out with a loud voice, saying, Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And how have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy. And blessed is she who has believed, because the things promised her by the Lord shall be accomplished. And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour.
R. Praise be to Thee, O Christ.


Our Lady of Guadalupe Documentary.
For a fascinating documentary, please see ''Our Lady of Guadalupe Documentary - Amazing Scientific Analysis.''

On December 12 1531, in Mexico, the Virgin Mary appears to a humble Indian peasant, but nobody believes him. At her request the Indian wraps in his "tilma" (cloak ) some flowers. These are Castilian roses, flowering miraculously on bare scree. In front of his Bishop, he opens the tilma to show him the flowers and at that instant there is a miracle: the image of the Blessed Virgin appears upon the cloth of the tilma.

The image is extraordinarily life-like and the results of later analysis are quite simply amazing. In the Blessed Virgin's eyes,  the 13 figures who witnessed the miracle are visible. The imagery seems to have been calculated to appeal to both the native Indians and the Christian colonizers and missionaries. The stars on her cloak are positioned exactly as they were on the day of the miracle. These stars are represented in mirror-view, as they would have appeared from Heaven. One investigator has even discerned a melody in the stars when they are viewed as musical notation.The painting technique used is unknown but analysis reveals use of the Golden Ratio. The colours have not faded and the cloth is uncorrupted. And that's not all: an extraordinary discovery reveals the Spanish origin (from Extremadura, Spain) of the name of Guadalupe and its incredible connection with the Evangelist Saint Luke.


Totus tuus ego sum 
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam

No comments:

Post a Comment