Monday 27 June 2022

Feast of Our Mother of Perpetual Succour

 

On today's great Marian feast, I have posted this image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help taken from a prayer card which recalls the Redemptorist Mission during Lent 1984 to the church of Our Lady and St Joseph (Balls Pond Road, N1).

Please remember in your prayers Fr Kay, the good and holy Parish Priest in that era, as well as the two Redemptorist priests, Fr Creech and Fr Gallagher.

On a personal note, I offer the Memorare to Our Blessed Mother with special intentions for the members of my family:*


MEMORARE, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem præsidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.


*E, E, K, P, T, E & E; E & A


P.S. Ten years ago to this day, I was in the Brompton Oratory and was present when Fr John Hunwicke said Mass at the Lady Altar. This was his first Mass in full communion. For a summary, see his Liturgical Notes blogspot for today's date.



Totus tuus ego sum
Et omnia mea tua sunt;
Tecum semper tutus sum:
Ad Jesum per Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment